I hope that your school year if off to a great start. I know that everyone is busy preparing for the end of the first marking period and parent teacher conference and I wanted to send you a reminder about recruitment at Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) . SEO Fall 2010 recruitment season is in full swing and I wanted to update you on some new developments. We are expanding our program and will be admitting our largest class to date, over 120 students!!
We have also created an online application feature which will allow students to submit their information accurately and timely. All applications are due by Friday December 10th, 2010 .Applicants should be a freshman in high school with a minimum gpa of 77 ( no failed classes). The website is : www.seo-usa.org/scholars , students can then click on “Apply Now”
If scholars are interested in applying they should have the following prior to creating an online application:
– Typed Short Responses:
1. Discuss some issue of personal , local, national or international concern and its importance to you?
2. Why do you want to be a part of SEO and how do you think the program can help you?
– Essay ( 250 word minimum)
1. In a 4 paragraph essay, please select three words that describe you best and tell us how you will use these qualities/ characteristics to contribute to your learning community?
– Most Current Report Card
– One Teacher Recommendation
– Proof of Income ( If documentation is not immediately available , the overall household amount is required for the online application)
If you have any questions or would like to setup a presentation at your school, please feel free to contact me at 646-442-3859 or email@example.com. I’ve attached our brochure and a copy of the application for your review. I look forward to speaking with you soon.