New Yorkers For Children (NYFC) in partnership with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and the Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) will be hosting Pathway to College: Educational Conference on Thursday, April 21st from 10:45am – 4 pm at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, North Hall Building, 445 West 59th Street, 2nd Floor.
The purpose of this conference is to encourage and inspire youth in foster care, ages 14 – 20, to think about taking next steps to apply to college. The conference will consist of:
- Panel of youth formerly or currently in foster care who will provide advice and insight on applying to college and transitioning to college life
- Workshops on financial aid, college application process, scholarships, and more
- Workshop specifically for agency workers on educational planning
**Please register your young people here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/pathwaytocollege
Deadline to register: Friday, April 15th (space will fill up quickly!)
You will need to have the following information in order to register youth:
- Youth’s age and email address (if available)
- Youth’s preference for workshops (the list of workshops are listed in registration page)
Lunch will be served and raffle prizes will be given out! We will also be giving out goodie bags of college resources to youth when they register. They are available on a first-come first-serve basis. We are asking all agencies arrive at 10:45 am to register youth.
Download: Pathway To College Flyer