This message is from GetMeToCollege.org :
Many colleges are hosting diversity college visits this fall. Some deadlines have passed, but if you’re interested still APPLY.
· *(D)= The college has a diversity weekend that covers all costs. These programs are competitive and require applications.
· * = The college can cover expenses for traditional weekend programs.
· (D) = diversity weekend with no transportation costs.
Diversity College Weekends
*(D) Amherst College
Program: Diversity Open-house Weekends: September 24-26, October 15-17
· Application deadlines: Priority- August 1. Regular- August 12(Applications continue being accepted until Sept and Oct programs are filled)
· To get application: email Dale Hendricks, Associate Dean of Admission/Director of Diversity Outreach
· firstname.lastname@example.org ; 413-542-2328
· For more information, visit https://www.amherst.edu/admission/diversity/divoh
* (D) Barnard College
New York, New York
Program: Barnard Bound, Oct 23-24, 2011
· Application deadline: September 19, 2011
· For more info/To get application: contact Rebeca Palacio
· Must be nominated by guidance counselor.
· Program Contacts: Jess Lee
Associate Director of Admissions
New York, NY 10027
· For general inquiries, you may also email email@example.com
*(D) Bates College
Program: Prologue to Bates: October 9-11 or November 13-15
· Application deadline: September 8, 2011 for October 9-11 Visit.
· Application deadline: October 13, 2011 for November 13-15 Visit.
· You can find the application at: http://home.bates.edu/admission/prologue/
· For more information contact Luis C. Martinez, Assistant Dean of Admissions at: firstname.lastname@example.org 207-786-6000
· Scholarships are offered to students who apply for a travel scholarship on the application. (Note: your guidance counselor must recommend you for the scholarship on the letter of rec)
(D) Beloit College
St. Beloit, Wisconsin
· Program: Autumn Visit Days: Oct 9 & 10, Oct 29, and Multicultural Open House: November 6 & 7, 2011
· Online registration will be available six weeks in advance of each event. Make sure to register. http://www.beloit.edu/prospective/visit/visitdayprograms
· For more information, email Robin Hamilton: email@example.com
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Program: Bryn Mawr by Day Program – Friday November 11
· · Application Deadline: Tuesday, September 27th at 5:00 EST.
· · Travel Scholar Applications will be available late August for students who for financial reasons are unable to afford to attend Bryn Mawr. More information to follow.
· · Students should sign up for our mailing list to ensure that they receive the information.https://secure.brynmawr.edu/request_information/admissions.shtml
· · Program is intended only for high school seniors, women only, no transfers.
· · Contact: Ms. Nate Hall; firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director of Admissions
Team Lead for Campus Programs
Bryn Mawr College
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-526-5151 – phone
610-526-7471 – fax
* Bucknell University
1. Program: Fall Open House, Oct 6, 14, 24, 2011
· Registration will be available late Summer
· To register, search date on Visitation calendar and click on event to find the link to the app: http://www.bucknell.edu/script/Admissions/VisitationCalendar/
· To register, fill out form at http://www.bucknell.edu/x37156.xml
Other visits: Visitation Calendar has other types of visits listed for each date. Click on the visit for information on how to register
Travel aid may be offered upon request
(D) Carleton College
Program: Taste of Carleton, October 27-29
· Apply :
o Out-of-State Application (non-Minnesota residents) (Deadline: September 23)
o Minnesota Application (Minnesota residents) (Deadline: October 3)
o Mail applications to:
o Carleton College
Office of Admissions
100 South College Street
Northfield, MN 55057
o Questions? Concerns?
o Contact Carla Zelada or Stefani Tran at 800-995-2275 or email@example.com. If finances are hardship, contact Ms. Zelada to help cover costs.
o For more information visit:https://apps.carleton.edu/admissions/visit/TOC/
o August 5 was deadline for counselors to nominate someone.
*(D) Carnegie Mellon University
Program: Celebration of Diversity Weekend, Nov 12-14
· Registration Deadline is Oct 27.
· Requirements: have at least a 3.3 GPA on an unweighted 4.0 scale and at least a combined SAT score of 1700 or ACT score of 25.
· Registration will be available online mid Sept:http://www.cmu.edu/enrollment/admission/cod/register.html
· Note: There is a fee of $50 when registering. If you believe you qualify for a fee waiver, contact the admissions office and ask to speak to the event’s coordinator: (412) 268-2082
· Students with financial need: You may qualify for travel assistance, if you meet the requirements. Please indicate your need for travel assistance when registering.
· Visit http://www.cmu.edu/enrollment/admission/cod/travel.html for further conditions for receiving travel assistance.
· Contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions or visithttp://www.cmu.edu/enrollment/admission/cod/index.html
Hamilton, New York
Program: Multicultural Open house, October 23-24
· Application must be received no later than October 7
· You can find the application here:http://offices.colgate.edu/admission/Open%20House/Open%20House%20Application%202011.htmand you will be notified of your admission to the event via email.
· Space is limited and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply ASAP.
· Travel assistance available for a limited number of students who demonstrate need. Indicate need on application. If you have any further questions regarding travel assistance, contact the ALANA Cultural Center at 315 228 7330
For More Listings, please visit: