Partners in Access: Community-Based Organization and College Forum & Fair
Monday, June 3, 2013
8:30am – 12:00pm
PASE, 120 Broadway, Suite 230, New York, NY
Free and open to all
Below find information on the college fair and forum for CBOs and higher education which will be about how to build partnerships between CBO’s, colleges, and high schools.
CBOs who want to attend should register here. If there are any higher education institutions who would like to participate, please contact Katie Hanna (212-571-2664).
If you have any questions, feel free to email Tania Ortiz or call (212-571-2664) directly.
This citywide forum and fair provides an opportunity for afterschool programs and higher education institutions to learn how to work more effectively together to support college access and persistence.
This unique event will include:
- Presentations from the Director of Admissions from Smith College on its partnerships with CBOs around college access and Wesleyan University on the college application review process
- Panel of CBO representatives sharing ideas on partnering with higher education. Topics to be discussed include characteristics of positive relationships and successes and challenges encountered in their partnership with higher education
- A fair where CBOs can meet with college representatives to learn about their school, admissions requirements and the services and resources they provide to encourage students to apply, thrive in, and graduate from their school
Confirmed higher education participants (to date):
- Barnard College
- Berkeley College
- The City College of New York
- CUNY Hunter College
- Pace University
- Polytechnic Institute of NYU
- Yale University
Light breakfast provided.