I have a request for a one time volunteer activity for this Monday, June 24th. The description is below. If you would like to participate please contact Kristen directly. Her information is listed below.
Speed Networking will run from 10:25-11:50. This activity will be with our 11th grade students who, during the session right before, will have had a Networking 101 workshop. The idea for speed networking is for the students to network and “work the room” using the skills they learned in the session before.
During this session, participants will be with about 10 other professionals. There is no need to prepare anything, just be prepared to talk about your career path and current/previous position. Students will have questions that they will ask that may include:
- Describe a typical day at your office.
- How did you choose your career?
- What do you like most about your job?
- What do you find most challenging about your job?
- Is there a type of special training/education needed for your work?
- Is teamwork involved in your work?
- What are the trends you’ve observed in your field in the last year?
- How has technology affected those trends?
Please feel free to contact Kristen if you are able to participate. Thank you!
Director of College Guidance
Columbia Secondary School for Math, Science and Engineering
425 West 123rd Street
NY, NY 10027
P 212-666-1278 ext. 417