From Barnard College HEOP Program:
We are excited to invite you to an information session about the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity (HEOP) Scholars Program at Barnard! The event will take place on Thursday, October 2nd, from 9:00 to 11:30 AM.
PLEASE BRING YOUR STUDENTS!
Please join us for a light breakfast as we discuss our HEOP Scholars Program, as well as important admissions and financial aid information for prospective applicants. You and your students will also have the opportunity to hear directly from current HEOP Scholars about their experiences in the program and at Barnard.
Barnard’s HEOP Scholars program serves high-achieving and motivated students who lack the financial resources to attend college. A student may quality for the Arthur O. Eve HEOP Scholars Program at Barnard College if she:
- Has a minimum GPA of 85 (3.0 on a 4.0 Scale)
- Has a maximum SAT Critical Reading score of 620 or a maximum ACT English score of 24
- Meets the low-income guidelines set by the New York State Board of Regents
- Is a New York State resident
- Is a permanent resident or U.S. Citizen
Students admitted to Barnard College as HEOP Scholars benefit from financial assistance and support services, including:
- Full-need financial aid package
- Guaranteed housing on campus
- Academic support, advising, and free tutoring
Due to a limited amount of space, please only bring students who meet the requirements above and who are academically prepared for the HEOP Scholars Program at Barnard. Please RSVP online by Thursday, September 25th by clicking here. Registration begins at 8:30 AM on the ground floor of the Diana Center.
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
With best regards,
Nikki Youngblood Giles
Director of the HEOP Scholars Program
Admissions Liaison to the HEOP Scholars Program