Via Bob Bardwell:
These are resources for elementary and middle school populations. Also note that College Board has resources for middle school through our BigFuture website and for elementary and middle school counselors through our National Office for School Counselor Advocacy (NOSCA) site, both of which are linked below.
- BigFuture – https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/make-a-plan
- BigFuture Educator Resource Portal – https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/educator-resource-center
- NOSCA Resources – http://nosca.collegeboard.org/resources
Over the weekend I posted a request for early college awareness resources for middle and elementary schools. I got lots of responses and they are summarized below. I do not endorse any of them and have not verified each one. Some folks responded that many colleges/universities have resources on their websites so that is another option to consider.
- Center for Student Opportunity: http://www.imfirst.org/center-for-student-opportunity/
- Believing the College Dream helps 4th through 8th grade students and their families: http://www.ecmcfoundation.org/details/believing.html
- I Am The One: http://i-am-the-one.com/
- Counselor’s Room provides lesson plans for elementary-grade 10: http://www.counselorsroom.com/SC_Classroom.php
- Opportunity Scholars Blog: http://csopportunityscholars.org/
- Pathways to College: http://www.pathwaystocollege.net/
- Promoting College and Career Readiness: http://www.air.org/resource/promoting-college-and-career-readiness-pocket-guide-state-and-district-leaders
- IES What Works Clearinghouse: http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/publications/practiceguides/#hed_pg
- College Preparation Checklist: http://studentaid.ed.gov/students/attachments/siteresources/Coll_Prep_Checklist_3MB.pdf