College Application Week is next week! Please commit to doing at least one college application workshop next week, either at a high school or at your own organization. If you are doing one already, please take two minutes to fill out a commitment form!
Let’s demonstrate our collective power!
All you have to do is:
- fill out the commitment form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HU2Mxo_9v_nqOLwvZ4xxTjm_Dr4YDQtBo3MI_PHjKkk/viewform
- hold your workshop/event
- report back to us that the workshop happened and how many people were served
If you do, you’ll be joining forces with CACNY, Goddard Riverside’s Options Center, NYC DOE, CUNY, Graduate NYC! and other organizations from across the city to support and promote College Application Week 2014, Nov 17 -21, a statewide effort to raise awareness about the importance of college planning and to support schools in helping low-income, first generation college bound students apply. In addition to bringing extra assistance to students, strong representation from CACNY members will help attract publicity and support for the important work we all do year-round.
Planned activities for New York City’s College Application Week so far include:
- Over 100 CUNY-led workshops on financial aid and admissions in NYC high schools
- Options training for 150 college access counselors on supporting students to prepare strong college applications
- A Citywide virtual college fair
- Application assistance at high schools from volunteers from local community-based organizations, CUNY and the College Board
Be a part of this exciting citywide effort — Our goal is to have 100% of NYC DOE high schools participate and at least 50 CBOs!
If you would like to hold a workshop or volunteer at a school but don’t know where to hold it or which schools need support, please contact Sugeni Perez-Sadler at NYC DOE at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are many registered schools seeking additional help throughout the week.