I am writing to let you know about an exciting opportunity that’s available for your students. I hope you can help spread the word about this amazing program!
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2015 New York City Science & Engineering Fair! Students must apply and register online: http://nycsef.cuny.edu
The New York City Science & Engineering Faire (NYCSEF) is the city’s largest high school research competition, with over 1,000 students participating annually. The fair provides a supportive, academic venue for students to present their research, network with other NYC high school students, and meet leading scientists and science professionals from around the metropolitan area. NYCSEF builds on the longstanding collaboration between the New York City Department of Education and CUNY College Now.
The deadline for online application and postmark for submission of materials is Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
- Submit their application online
- Keep a copy of their application and supplemental materials
- Mail a copy of their online application confirmation form, supplemental forms, and TWO copies of their research paper (Postmarked by Dec. 17th)
NYCSEF event dates:
- Online registration and application due date – December 17th, 2014
- Preliminary Round – Sunday, March 1st, 2015 at the City College of New York
- Finals Round – Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 at the American Museum of Natural History
- Awards Ceremony – March 27th, 2015 at the Kaye Playhouse Theatre at Hunter College
The complete 2015 NYCSEF Rules and Guidelines and Application are available online to download at http://nycsef.cuny.edu If you have any questions about NYCSEF, please do not hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope that most of your students will take advantage of this awesome opportunity!